Tuesday, March 2, 2010

She knows Him

She surprises me everyday, but this is time it meant more.

I play with Brinley in front of a mirror in our bedroom. I usually bounce her up and down or make faces at her. Sometimes I point to different things to help her learn about her surroundings. One day while I was doing it and I noticed she looked away from our play. I followed her gaze to see her looking at a picture of Jesus Christ hanging nearby. She was giving Him a big smile. Then she started to wave her arms up and down and get all stiff like she does when she gets excited. She looked back at me still smiling and then back to the picture doing the same thrilled motions.

I teared up a little, happy that she recognizes His face with very little teaching. She knows so much more than me. She is the reason I want to be the best mother I can be. Brinley helps me to reflect upon my relationship with Jesus Christ.

I know He lives, but I know I need to be better like my Brinley.

No comments: