Monday, May 31, 2010

Off and Away

I dropped Mike off at the airport today. He is flying to Uganda and Tanzania for 3 weeks for work. It was a little more of an emotional departure for both of us than expected. Every morning before Mike leaves we work with Brinley on waving goodbye. Well, she finally waved goodbye to him at the airport. I could tell Mike got a little choked up and just grabbed his bags and left to avoid it. Brinley watched him enter the doors and continued to look at them for a few minutes after he had gone in. Poor little bug is going to miss her daddy! Of course I had a little bit of break down on the drive back. Listening to Keith Urban's "Baby, your my better half" didn't really help either.. I am happy for him and know it will be a life-changing experience for him.

Anyways, somethings I will be doing/looking forward to while he is gone:
  • Running a 5k
  • Visiting my friends the Nickels in Seattle
  • road trips to Pahrump, NV, St. George or Logan to visit family.. hopefully
  • reading
  • working out
  • doing scrap booking
  • maybe even painting
I think I will survive these next few weeks well. :)

3 comments:

Kaela said...

What is it about Uganda and stealing husbands? My friend's hubby is there for 11 weeks working this summer! Mark's in Las Vegas for most of the summer, but he gets to come home on the weekend, so it's not too bad. At least we still love our hubbies enough to miss them when they're gone, right? :)

Jen R. said...

Hey are you from Pahrump? My cousin's lived there growing up. The Beesley's. The one our age would be Kayla Beesley. Do you know her?

Kilee said...

You will def survive! Especially since you'll have us! :) So glad you are coming and I hope Mike has a great and safe trip!