Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I did it!


Last night Mike and I had our appointment with a travel agency and met with a salesman more or less similar to the guy pictured above. Our main reason for going was to score a free, all-inclusive 4 night 3 day trip to Cancun.

When I read the first requirement, "You and your family must go on vacations and/or love to go on vacations," (something along those lines) I laughed. What do you consider a vacation? In almost 4 years of marriage, about 90% of our "vacations" have been within the continental US visiting family and maybe staying in a hotel twice. Or in Mike's case there have been a lot of fishing or climbing trips where he camped. And we have driven to all of our destinations. In all honesty, the poor company really didn't have much of a chance with us.

Anyways, after about a 2 and a half hour sales pitch, we finally walked away with our gift. Mike was dead set on saying no before we even got there. Our visit would have ended about an hour earlier, but Mike turned over the voice/decision to me at the end. Of course I really didn't want the membership (though if you travel to resorts throughout the world it would have been a deceit money-saver), but it was harder for me to say no to the guy. I didn't want to upset him, and I felt bad about the company losing money on our gift. However, I am proud to say that I did it! I said no. :)

Cancun, we will meet each other soon!


1 comment:

Kilee said...

Great job! Way to go Mike making you turn him down. I would feel bad saying no too. That's awesome though! When can you go? That is where we went on our honeymoon so maybe we can remember a few tips we wish we would have had previous to the trip. :)