Saturday, May 15, 2010

Biiig Bad Richard!!


Yesterday we headed up to Odgen to watch my brother Richard throw the javelin. He throws for the University of Montana and this was the first time that we have been able to watch him throw at the collegiate level.

We sat out in a thunderstorm for about a half an hour before his event got going. The track meet was postponed due to the lightning. That was kind of a bummer, but at least the weather turned nice and sunny toward the end of his event. As his flight came up I got all excited because I actually remembered my camera and I was going to get some nice video clips and pictures of him... then I found out that I had forgotten my memory card!! Ugh! I was so frustrated with myself! (This picture is courtesy from Richard's FB. haha)

Anyways, Richard did great! He was first heading into the finals and ended up taking 3rd with a throw of 209 ft!! Unfortunately he didn't beat his personal best, but still did pretty amazing! I mean really.. I don't think I can get anything to go that far on my own. Maybe a kickball.. if rolling is taken into consideration... or bouncy ball with the bounces.

Here is an interview of him on youtube: High Expectations; Richard Brumbaugh.

Way to go Richy! We love you!

No comments: