Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tools of the Trade Stainless Steel Pots and Pans Review

Boy, this is posting day! I have been on the hunt for some stainless steel pots and pans. The other day I was in Macy's and found a brand I hadn't heard of on sale for half off. I was a little skeptical of the brand because it wasn't mentioned when I was doing my research on what kind to buy. However, I still bought the 12-piece mirror-polished set.

Before I opened them, I read quite a few reviews about them. Usually 1/5 or 5/5 stars from consumers who had bought them. Needless to say I had some mixed feelings about the pans. The overall rating was about a 4.3/5. So, yesterday I decided to try one. I wanted to cook something easy to see how well it worked. I had read a lot about needing to use butter or cooking spray on the frying pan to make sure it didn't stick . The meal I chose to try was a grilled cheese sandwich with the bread buttered on each side on low heat. Simple enough right?

Here is what happened to my pan...


Maybe I didn't use enough butter? It took a solid 5-7 minute scrub with really hot water to get this off. Annoying to say the least.

My rating: 1/5 stars.

They will be returned this week.

2 comments:

Arizona Hendricks Family said...

Kelli I would look at Pampered Chef Pans they are REALLY expensive but have a life time warranty. I had pans like the ones you used. No worth the $$ and I burnt everything. I also think that Sams or Costco would have pans that you might like to look at.

Laura said...

I have some silver pans from Calphalon that I LOVE. They are definitely not the cheapest but I have never had troubles getting any burned-on stuff off. I bought them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond here.