Friday, October 15, 2010

Our Little Helper



Are all children so willing and excited to clean or am I just lucky?? As a 15 month old, Brinley loves to be of service to her mother and father! And we praise her up the wazoo for it! :) She likes to sit on the dishwasher lid and help me unload it. (Though I usually don't like her to because I'm afraid she might break it.) She hands me silverware to put away with a very distinct face and words you know intended to be something along the lines of "Here ya go, Mom," but come out in her own tongue.

She likes to grab baby wash clothes or paper towels and "wipe down" the floor, the toilet, or counter tops, and this morning it was her favorite red chair (probably the best dollar purchase I have made in my life.)
And as of late, Brinley Bug has discovered the garbage can. I was pretty nervous about this at first because she used to take things out of it and play with them! YUCK! Then she learned that the garbage can holds trash, like tissues and fruit snack wrappers. We have been sick at our house the past week so there have been a few tissues on the table and couch. Brinley decided to pick them up. Here she is on her third trip to the living room, finding another tissue and throwing it away...

1 comment:

Austin and Liz said...

How cool! Brin throws things away now instead of taking things out of the trash! Isaac sure could use her influence more. lol I can't believe how big she's getting.