Sunday, July 19, 2009

Brinley's First Week of Life!!


Well, Brinley has had a fairly eventful first week in our home. Friends and family have come to see her and she is continuing to develop a regular eating/sleeping routine. She is just amazing, truly a blessing in our lives. She has been so patient with both Mike and I as we continue to learn and become more efficient in nurturing her. I feel she is so close to the spirit, and on more than one occasion, she has been an answer to my prayers. Anyways, here are some highlights this week!

Brinley and I took my parent's dog, Sarg, out to go to the bathroom. Then Sarg nearly attacked and chased down the mailman. I had to quickly give Brinley to the girls upstairs and run down the dog. Luckily, Sarg wasn't hit by a car on the way back. The rest of the afternoon Sarg continued to bark. Brinley, the champ, slept through the whole thing! I wished I could have done the same.

Brinley discovered that sunlight is much to bright for her little eyes, but she still enjoys going outside.


Brinley's first bath. She got a little cold and shivered a bit. My dad said she would cry.. but Brinley proved him wrong! :)


Brinley after her first bath.


Grandpa Brumbaugh holding Brinley.


Brinley's first time at church! She did great! :)


Grandpa and grandma Brumbaugh holding Brinley.

6 comments:

Kari said...

I love it Kelli!! Congrats to you and your hubby, Brinley is beautiful and it was so fun to see that proud look on your Dad's face as he is holding his little baby granddaughter!!

Jen R. said...

I think she looks like Mike...also, until her umbilical cord falls off and you have to do the cold spongebaths, adelyn didn't appreciate being cold either, but it helped if I kept a towel or whatever covering the parts I wasn't washing. Like when I did her arms her bottom half would be covered...you get the idea :) She is absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Duthrie,
Thank you for sending our family an email about your sweet little baby girl. I think she is very cute. Our family is in Oregon right now until Saturday but thanks so much for sharing with me.
Jake Jackson

Julie said...

Congrats! Ben and I were just talking about and wondering if you had your baby and the next day we got your email!! We are thrilled for you. There is nothing like a newborn..the smells, the sounds..just enjoy every minute because that teeny tiny stage doesn't last long! She is beautiful! Have fun staying home with her! We will miss seeing you at Deerfield. Keep in touch! Love, the Lewis'

Adespain said...

Congratulations!!! She is a cutie!!

Vickie Richey said...

Kelli--I was so excited that you had your sweet little baby. She is beautiful. Good luck to you and your family