Friday, January 2, 2009

Here comes... a baby!

This last Monday Mike and I were fortunate enough to listen to the heartbeat and see our little baby! I'll be honest, I didn't really think it looked too much like a human besides the head and feet. However, it was so incredible to see the little body jumping around! It still feels a little unreal that something so small is doing flips and kicks inside of me without me feeling it! It seemed as though I was watching a movie of someone else's ultrasound... not my own. I'm sure that will change in a short while. We are so excited for this pending addition to our lives. We realize how truly blessed we are for this opportunity to have children and even more importantly to teach him/her about the light and life of Jesus Christ-and what amazing qualities we can emulate in our own lives.

You know, now that I think about it a little more, I may have not felt any physical differences thus far in my pregnancy, but there is something different... (not the hormones either) I do feel like there is another spiritual life in me. It is kind of hard to explain... or to rightly put into words what exactly it feels like. I suppose it would be similar to or just like God giving to you a small portion of His light and love in a box, and asking you to hold on to it. You don't see it, but you can feel it... something special. It motivates you to be a better person, to live a righteous life because of the love that radiates from it (essentially from God.) Well, it is like Heavenly Father entrusted me with light and love for a short while, before he/she reaches the breath of mortality. Of course there are several emotions associated with such an important task, but right now the most prevalent feeling would be gratitude.

6 comments:

Lant Family said...

Congratulations! You guys will be great parents.

Landon and Julie said...

CONGRATS!! OH MY GOODNESS! I SQUEALED WHEN I READ THIS! LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Unknown said...

hooray! Congratulations guys!

Mike and Kris said...

YAY!! I am so excited for you guys!!! I actually knew but was waiting for you to post about it!! I'm so happy for you! How far along are you? When are you due? I'm so glad you are feeling good!!! Congrats and give me a call if I can help with anything!!!

Darcey said...

that was such a precious post - thanks for sharing!

Jen R. said...

Congratulations! You will be an awesome mommy