Thursday, January 29, 2009

Denver visit and more!

Last weekend I was able to visit Mike in Denver! It was so good to see him after being three weeks apart! It was quite the exciting trip to view his previous disgusting apartment, downtown Denver, and his office. We had a great time despite the 3 and 1/2 delayed flight to Denver and then my car being towed when I arrived back home Sunday evening! That was a bummer! But, all is going well nonetheless. Mike is spending countless hours doing monotonous work, staring at a computer screen... but is happy to have a job! :)

I had a doctor's appointment last Tuesday. Our baby is apparently shy because we had a hard time listening to the heart beat again. But, I got to see her/him through an ultrasound instead! This time the baby looked a lot more like a human. I could see the vertebrae and skeleton really well, and he/she is still doing flips and turns still. I think he/she will be great at volleyball. :)

I finally told my students that I am pregnant today... they were quite a bit more excited then I expected them to be! A couple were so excited they ran up to me and gave me a hug! I wish I could have had it on video tape! They were hilarious! Right now they are making a list of the "perfect name" for my baby. I guess we'll see if they come up with any that I might use. I'm somewhat surprised they haven't put any joke names on there yet. They are just great!

4 comments:

Soren and Kilee Nickels said...

cute new background! It was fun talking to you about your trip. I'm really glad you are home safe. Hope you have rested up a little. I bet your kids were excited. How fun!

Landon and Julie said...

I'M SO HAPPY YOU WERE ABLE TO SEE MIKE AND THAT YOUR PREGNANCY IS GOING WELL! IF YOU NEED ANYTHING-INCLUDING A GIRL PARTY-LET ME KNOW! I'M ALWAYS GAME FOR THAT! :)

Adespain said...

Congratulations! I am sooo excited for you! I remember when I told my kids I was pregnant . . .they were so excited!! And yes, the list of names came too.

And well said about the gift box analogy.

P.S. Do you have a Ryan Ward in your 4th grade?

Darcey said...

aw, yay! that's so cute that your class was super excited for you :-)

I'm glad you had fun in Denver...good luck to the both of you!

how many days left 'til Mike is home?!